India provides a great tropical climate for the growth of lychees. The typical lychee taste stands out and it’s so much fun peeling the light cover and eating it. Lychees are known for their calcium, copper, phosphorus and potassium contents and hence are good to include in your diet wherever possible. In the current season, it’s easy to see the fruit vendors selling the red-coloured lychees tied in bunches. Well, I used lychees to make lemonade today and the taste was absolutely refreshing. The drink had the right balance of sweet, salt and tangy and it received loads of appreciation. Lychee lemonade is best suited for the summer weather, and it looks appealing as well. Why not you also try it out and treat your family with this Lychee Lemonade Recipe? You are sure to love it!
All you need is (serves 4)
Lychee – 15
Lemon juice – 3 tbsp
Water – 6 cups
Black salt – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Lemon slices for garnishing
Mint leaves for garnishing
Lychee Lemonade Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Making time: 10 min.
- Peel and de-seed the lychee’s.
- Blend the pulp in a blender to make paste. Keep aside.
- Mix black salt, sugar and lemon juice in water to dissolve properly.
- Mix lychee pulp paste and stir.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and discard the pulp.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Pour in glasses, garnish with lemon slice and mint leaves.
- Serve cold.