Macaroni Pasta Salad
While hosting a lunch for a few families, I made a good platter of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes and an amazing Macaroni Pasta Salad. Today I’ll share this pasta salad recipe with you, which stands out by itself and gives competition to any of the main course dishes. Along with macaroni, I added vegetables like bell peppers, cabbage and broccoli. If you’d like a non-vegetarian option, you can also add grilled chicken or pieces of other meats. It is then topped with your choice of salad dressing. I like the Thousand Island dressing which is easily available in most market shops. The tossed salad looks very appealing with different colors of bell peppers and broccoli; it is very tasty to eat as well. So the next time you are looking for a salad, choose a pasta salad. Here is the recipe for Macaroni Pasta Salad. Enjoy!
- Macaroni – 2 cups
- Green/ Red/ Yellow bell peppers – 1 each (cut in small pieces)
- Broccoli – 2/3 cup (cut into small flowers)
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Thousand island salad dressing – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
- Boil the macaroni pasta as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Wash and cut the bell peppers and broccoli into small pieces.
- Boil all vegetables for 4-5 min with salt, in a microwave.
- Mix macaroni and vegetables in a serving bowl.
- Add the Thousand Island salad dressing and mix well.
- Toss the salad and serve immediately.