Vegetables are high in nutrients and low in calories which is a great combo. It has several vitamins and minerals. Veggies have phytochemicals and are rich in fibres. You can eat lots of vegetables without worries about weight gain. It is a rich source of many essential nutrients like calcium, potassium, dietary fibre, Vitamin C and folate. A rich diet of vegetables can keep the blood pressure under control. It keeps you away from heart diseases, prevents cancer, and helps strengthen the vision. You should eat vegetables as much as you can.
Moms always worry about their kids because almost every kid hates eating vegetables. So, here’s an amazing recipe for the kids that they will enjoy certainly.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
MICROWAVE: 2 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
BAKING TIME: 15 MINUTES
2 large green capsicums
2 large, ripe, red tomatoes
2 large, round, firm potatoes with skin, boiled
For the filling:
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp green chillies, sliced
1/2 cup spring onions, sliced
1/2 cup capsicum, diced
1/2 cup peas, boiled
1 tbsp carrots, grated
1 cup macaroni, boiled, chopped
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
1/4 tsp Chaat Masala
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp Cheese Spread
2 slices cheese (cheese singles), cut into strips
1 cup grated cheese, to garnish steamed rice, to serve
1. Halve the capsicums, tomatoes and potatoes and scoop out the centres to make hollow cups.
2. Microwave the tomatoes and capsicums for 2 minutes.
3. Put them in a greased baking dish along with the potatoes.
4. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan, fry the green chillies and spring onions for 1 minute.
5. Add the capsicum, peas and carrots one by one and sauté for 2 minutes
6. Stir in the macaroni and mix well; season with the oregano, chilli flakes, Chaat Masala, salt and pepper.
7. Stir in the cheese spread and cheese strips; remove the pan from the stove.
8. Fill the tomato, capsicum and potato cups with this mixture; sprinkle generously with cheese.
9. Bake for 15 minutes at 180C/350F.
It’s ready! Serve hot with steamed rice.
One may use Cucumbers to make cups or baskets, while Spaghetti could be in place of macaroni; You can serve with bread rolls instead of rice.