“Garmi Ke Mausam Mein Kulfi Ka Mazza”, the statement itself starts to make me drool. Mouth-watering kulfis are now in season and being sold on every nook and corner of the country. Kulfi can be enjoyed as an Indian substitute of ice-cream or as a dessert, any time of the day. The enjoyment can be doubled if you make this malai kulfi at home, which is very easy when you have a recipe ready in your hands. I also added the king of fruits, mango or aam to my preparation and made Malai Aam Kulfi. The kulfi came out very nice and all my family thoroughly enjoyed the first serving; there is much more in the freezer and everyone is wanting to have it! While I enjoy it here, you can use this Malai Aam Kulfi Recipe and make your summers extra special.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Full-cream milk – 1 litre
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Elaichi powder – 1 tsp
- Mango pulp – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Dry fruit slivers – 2 tbsp
How to make Malai Aam Kulfi
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 45 min + freezing time
- Boil milk and let it reduce to half, with constant stirring so it does not stick to the bottom.
- Dissolve corn flour in a little water, add it to the milk and mix well.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Let the milk mixture cool.
- Blend the mango pulp into a puree and mix well with the cool milk.
- Add dry fruit slivers and pour the mixture into the kulfi molds.
- Freeze for 4-5 hours.
- Take out and serve.