Mango Chicken Recipe
The king of fruits Mango is in full bloom now, thanks to the time of monsoons and our vast number of farmers who have been taking care of the trees for so long. I just love the fruit and always looking out to use it more and more in my recipes. Chicken is obviously another favorite of non-vegetarians in India, so I created this powerful combo using ripe mangoes and Chicken breast.
The sweet taste of mangoes goes very well with the boneless variety of chicken and can be enjoyed with plain white rice. I also used some of the sauces which are generally available in the market to give it a slight tilt towards a Chinese flavor. The dish came out pretty well and is a good variation to regular non-vegetarian cooking. You can call it aam chicken, but this Mango Chicken is really khaas. So go ahead and try this wonderful recipe to enjoy with your family in the summer weather!
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 3-4 cloves (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch pieces (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Dry red chili – 2
- Onion – 2 (cut into big chunks)
- Capsicum – 1 (cut into big chunks)
- Chicken breast – 2 (cut into small pieces)
- Salt to taste
- Soy sauce – 2 tsp
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce -2 tsp
- Red chili sauce – 2 tsp
- Ketchup – 2 tsp
- Oyster sauce – 2 tsp
- Cornflour – 2 tsp
- Mango – 1 (peeled and cut into cubes)
- Spring onion greens for garnishing
How to make Mango Chicken
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add onion and capsicum and cook for a minute.
- Add chicken, green chili, dry red chili and cook till chicken is done.
- Add salt, soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red chili sauce, ketchup and oyster sauce.
- Dissolve cornflour in little water and add to the wok.
- Cook till the gravy is little thick.
- Add mango cubes and cook for a minute.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot with plain rice.