If you don’t have time to make a stuffed paratha and still you are in mood to have something like it, Masala Paratha is the right choice. While running around because of my daily chores, I was felling tired and hungry and made this by accident. I was surprised the way it turned out and since then it has become a personal favourite for breakfast. This flaky, crispy and delicious paratha is made by adding masala like ajwain, red chili powder, garam masala and salt while layering the regular wheat paratha, the layering enhances the flakiness and the masala gives it a very nice flavour. I’m sure you would also fall in love with Masala Paratha, so just use this simple recipe to make it for yourself and spread the word around. You can have Masala Paratha just by itself, or choose to have it with some plain curd, I recommend it for breakfast as this is the time when you are in mood for something great to start your day.
Ingredients needed for Masala Paratha
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Ajwain – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil or desi ghee for frying
How to make Masala Paratha
- Add wheat flour in a bowl and knead a soft dough using water.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- Dust and roll one portion into a flat disc.
- Apply ghee, sprinkle ajwain, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt and fold the paratha into half. Repeat 2 times by folding into further halves.
- Again dust and roll it into a flat disc.
- Cook over a hot tava by applying ghee on both sides.
- Serve hot.