Crepe is a type of french pancake which is like a type of thin, crinkly paper. The veg crepe is a thin pancake filled with many healthy vegetables and stuffing, including meat and fruit. Crepes are usually made up of eggs, but you can also make them in a vegan way. Yes! You heard it right; You can make a crepe vegan by replacing the eggs with a cup of yoghurt.
Let’s make some crispy and cheesy vegetable crepes:
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp oil and butter
- ½ cup yoghurt
- One cup+ ¼ cup yoghurt
- 2 Potatoes
- 1/3 cup carrot
- 1/4 cup capsicum
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1. Add purpose flour, salt and sugar and butter in a bowl.
2. Now, add one bowl of yoghurt to the mixture of flour. Next, add milk and whisk the batter. Keep adding tiny amounts of milk to prevent lumps.
3. Now, add ¼ Cup of milk to the batter and whisk it well until the batter turns thin.
4. Heat a pan on a medium flame and grease it with a small amount of oil.
5. Pour ¼ cup of the batter on the pan and spread it all over it to make a thin round sheet.
6. When the bubbles start occurring, flip down the uncooked side of the crepe.
7. Just let it be golden brown. Don’t overcook.
8. Repeat the 5,6,7 Steps to make perfect thin crepes.
9. Now heat butter in a pan and add the chopped garlic cloves, and onions. Stir until the onions turn soft.
10. Add mashed potatoes, capsicum, carrots and cheese cubes. Cook all the ingredients until golden brown.
11. Now, Add Salt, Pepper, Red Chilli powder, cumin powder and chaat masala according to your taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
12. Add one spoon of ketchup and coriander leaves in the batter and mix it well.
13. Mix one tablespoon of purpose flour with one tablespoon of water to make glue for attaching the crepes.
14. Add the veggies over the crepe and garnish some mozzarella cheese over.
15. Now fold the crepe in squares and add the purpose flour glue on the borders to attach it.
16. Heat a pan on a medium flame and grease it with oil. Place the crepe over the pan and cook it until they turn golden brown from the top.
Serve hot with ketchup and mint sauce.