Kebab is mainly a cooked non-vegetarian dish. It has its origins in Persian and Middle Eastern cuisines. The traditional flesh for kebabs is most often of mutton and chicken. However, there is also a great variety in the vegetarian kebabs, made from delicious vegetables, cheese and other delicious ingredients.
India is the best country where you can dig into the best kebabs. Kareem’s Delhi, Peter Kat Kolkata, Ayub’s Mumbai are some of the best places where you can eat the yummiest kebabs.
Following are the variety of Kebabs:
- Shish Kebab: A famous kebab made in the Middle Eastern and served in the Awadhi cuisine.
- Tunday Kebab: A delicious dish mainly used as an appetizer or starter.
- Shami Kebab: One of the most famous kebabs originated from the Mughals’ royal kitchens.
- Hariyali Kebab: A green kabab covered with a green layer of vegetables and coriander meat.
One of the famous Kebabs famous worldwide is Seekh kebab, which is considered the best appetizer and snack. Seekh kebab is made with flavoured Indian spices mixed with minced meat, and then it is grilled on skewers. The variety of flavours and spices makes it rich in taste.
Let’s make chicken Seekh kababs:
- 1 Cup minced chicken
- 1/2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Ginger
- Two garlic paste
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Onion paste
- 3 tsp Bread crumbs
- One egg (yolk and white separated) •1 tsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
1. In a food processor, add the chicken pieces, chilli flakes, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and grind to make a smooth and fine paste.
2. Now add the onion paste, bread crumbs, egg yolk and white, and oil and grind in the mixture.
3. Keep it in the refrigerator for one hour
4. Grease the skewers/seekhs.
5. Divide the mixture into equal portions.
6. Take a one greased skewer and apply the mixture around it in a flattened shape.
7. Grill the kebabs on a barbeque. (You can also take an indoor grill pan for the kebabs). Grill well until the kebab’s turn brown.
8. Take out the kebabs safely from the skewers.
8. Garnish the kebabs with lemon and coriander.
9. Serve hot with delicious fresh mint chutney and sliced onions.