Now that summers are here to stay, and it is time we begin looking for ways to beat the scorching heat and cool off with a refreshing drink or dessert. When it comes to cold desserts, ice cream is the first one that comes in all our minds. However, with most of the nation still under lockdown, even ice cream seems like a luxury. Making ice cream at home can be a long and tedious process. It also requires an ice cream-making machine that cannot be readily available for everyone.
No worries, for this summer, it is time to make the acquaintance of Sorbet! This fresh and delightful dessert is the perfect companion for a hot summer afternoon. Sorbet is a frozen dessert made from fruits, and it is an excellent dessert option for vegans as it is dairy-free. Moreover, it contains lesser fat content than ice cream.
Sorbet is super easy to make and has a variety of flavours. You can create a sorbet out of any fruit that you like. Summers fruits such as mango, watermelon and honeydew melon are the best options.
Here’s the recipe for an easy and delicious mango sorbet
- Mangoes (2-5) depending on the size
- Honey 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice (1 small lemon)
- Take the mangoes and peel them
- Chop them into medium-sized pieces to remove the seed.
- Freeze the mango pieces for 4-6 hours
- Take the frozen mango pieces and put them in a blender
- Add your honey and lemon juice
- Blend it till a thick paste-like consistency
- Take the mixture out into a pan and freeze for 2 hours
- Garnish with small pieces of fruit and enjoy the cold.
- Your fresh mango sorbet is ready!
Follow the same process for any fruit of your choice.
*If the fruit isn’t sweet enough, you can add sugar accordingly.*