The mornings and late evenings have started to get colder as the winter approaches fast. At these times I always long for something hot to sip other than tea, and soups are my all-time favorite. I generally make soup every day in the evenings to get a head start for the meals and enjoy the cold winter evenings. We will see more soup recipes in coming days; however, for today I made Sweet Corn Soup. My family loves this one and it is fairly easy to make. I used the frozen sweet corns, which are easily available throughout India. You too can use this Sweet Corn Soup Recipe to make it and enjoy cozy times with your family.
For vegetable stock
- Carrot – 1
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Garlic cloves – 3/4
- Celery – 1/2 sticks
- Sweet corn – 1 cup (if you use canned corn instead of frozen, the soup turns more creamy)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Parsley – 1/4 tsp
How to make Sweet Corn Soup
- Boil the vegetables for stock in 4 cups of water, drain, discard the vegetables and keep the stock. I used a pressure cooker for boiling as it gives good flavor to the stock.
- Add corn flour to water to make a paste. Keep this separately.
- Mix corn with vegetable stock and boil, then add corn flour paste and mix well. I also shredded and added the discarded vegetables, which is optional.
- Add salt, black pepper and mix well.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
- Cook for 1-2 min with constant stirring on low heat, until desired soup consistency is reached.
- Serve hot.