Tandoori Prawns Recipe
Prawns are a well-known sea food and are found in good numbers in the seas surrounding India and in many lakes and rivers. They are also known by the name of shrimps, although the name prawns is more famous in India while shrimps is used more commonly in countries like the United States. They are really delicious to eat with a distinctive and unique flavor and give non-vegetarians a choice of regular chicken, fish or mutton. Tandoori items are generally prepared in a coal tandoor. However, I have made my own recipe where you can prepare tandoori prawns in a non-stick pan over a regular gas stove. They stand in as a wonderful choice for starters. One of the things which I like about cooking prawns is that they cook really fast so you don’t have to stand in the kitchen for too long. It is ideal to clean the prawns and then marinate them with right masala for a few hours to let the flavor set in. Make sure you have ample prawns for everyone in the house as this preparation would be loved by all. Follow this easy recipe for making tandoori prawns.
- Prawns – 1/2 kg
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tandoori masala – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
How to make Tandoori Prawns
- Wash the prawns nicely.
- Mix all the masalas in a bowl and make a paste.
- Coat the prawns with this masala paste.
- Keep covered with a cling wrap for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a pan.
- Add a little oil.
- Put the prawns in skewers.
- Grill the prawns on both the sides for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot.