Hair fall is a common concern amongst all age groups and genders in today’s era, especially adults who are growing older. However, the underlying cause of hair fall depends from person to person.
A few common factors, which may cause hair fall or poor hair growth, are:
- Poor diet
- Lack of sleep
- Using heat or styling it frequently
- Hair colours
- Using certain chemical products
- Not taking proper care of the hair
Some factors that cannot be controlled are genetic problems or any other medical issue. However, poor lifestyle and inappropriate hair care can certainly be improved. A proper diet is a key to the intake of essential nutrients that are required for better hair growth. What we eat and how much we eat can affect the health of the hair and its growth.
Listed below are the top 5 superfoods that will help in hair growth:
- Eggs- Eggs are a great source of protein, and it is advised to everyone because of its tremendous benefits. Eggs are not only beneficial for the hair but overall health. Eggs are enriched with protein and biotin, which are majors for hair growth. The hair follicles are made of protein, which is why eggs are important. Biotin helps in boosting the production of keratin. Keratin is the key to hair growth.
- Spinach- Spinach is enriched with iron, Vitamin A and C, and folate. They all play an important role in promoting the growth of hair.
- Beans- Beans are also enriched with important nutrients, including- iron, protein, biotin, and folate. Beans are a good option for vegetarians who do not consume meat/fish or eggs.
- Salmon- Salmon contains healthy fatty acids which beneficial for the growth of hair. They are enriched with fatty acid omega-3 that promotes hair growth and makes the hair strong. Salmon also contains protein, selenium, vitamin D3, and Vitamin-B, which are vital for hair growth and keeping them strong and beautiful.
- Nuts- Nuts like almonds, walnuts are enriched with important nutrients, including Vitamin-E and Vitamin B, zinc, and other essential fatty acids, which promote hair growth.
Maintaining a healthy diet is very important to boost hair growth and keep it healthy. Listed above are a few superfoods, which will promote hair growth. However, it is not limited up to these foods only. There are more options to choose from. In addition, eating these foods will not be enough; other lifestyle habits such as oiling the hair, using minimal styling products or chemicals, and maintaining a proper sleep cycle is also essential.