Seeds are a great source of fibre, and they are enriched with all the necessary vitamins, minerals, and other nutritional properties for better health. Seeds can be combined with any dish, whether smoothies or salads, pancakes, or any other dessert. Seeds can help in preventing many diseases. They also help in reducing high blood pressure or cholesterol levels. Each type of seed is enriched with many beneficial properties for a healthier body and mind.
- Chia seeds– Chia seeds are enriched with fibre, antioxidants, polyphenols, and omega-3. Chia seeds are beneficial for cardiovascular health. It reduces the risk of heart diseases, high blood pressure, sugar levels, appetite, high cholesterol levels and helps in weight loss.
- Flax seeds– Flax seeds are a great source of fibre and antioxidants. Just like chia seeds, it helps in reducing high cholesterol levels and lowers blood pressure.
- Sunflower seeds- Sunflower seeds are known as the richest source of Vitamin E. They also contain healthy fats, protein, fibre, copper, and magnesium. They are beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels; also help in reducing inflammation.
- Pumpkin seeds- They are a good source of phosphorus, monounsaturated fats, and omega-6 fats. They are beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels; also help in improving urinary and prostate disorders and the risk of breast cancer.
- Sesame seeds- Sesame seed oils are used more than the actual seeds. The seeds are primarily consumed in Asian countries. They are enriched with lignans, a type of polyphenol. Sesame seeds reduce inflammation and oxidative stress; it also improves estrogen levels.
- Pumpkin seeds- They are known as a great source of protein and contain all the necessary amino acids, which our bodies cannot produce. They are beneficial in reducing any chronic inflammatory disease. Hemp seeds are not as popular as other seeds mentioned above. However, they are also good for the health and should be included in the diet.
Seeds are enriched with important nutrient properties, which are highly beneficial for our health. Also, they are easy to consume; you do not need to prepare them separately in a special manner. They can easily add to salads, smoothies or other drinks, or desserts, anyway, as per your desire.