It’s a long weekend and sometimes it just feels nice to be lazy. I keep hearing from my friends that the trend of staycation is catching up, where you enjoy a vacation at home. A nice vacation is incomplete without some wonderful drink, so here I give a simple recipe of a breezy drink and its name is enough to get you excited. ‘Virgin Pina Colada’ is a cool refreshing drink made with tropical fruits like pineapple and coconut. These fruits are easily available all around the year and just taste yummy. The fruits juices are strained in to the drink with some crushed ice and decorated with pineapple slice. It is possibly one of the best drinks to be enjoyed by a pool side in warm weather. It goes well with adults and the kids are sure to love its appealing taste. So get ready for a nice long well deserved vacation at home and make yourself an equally well deserved delicious Virgin Pina Colada.
Ingredients needed for Virgin Pina Colada
- Pineapple juice – 1/2
- cup Coconut milk – 1/2cup
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Crushed ice – 1/2 cup
How to make Virgin Pina Colada
- Heat sugar with 1/4 cup water till sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add crushed ice in a blender.
- Top with pineapple juice and coconut milk.
- Add vanilla ice cream and sugar syrup.
- Blend till smooth. Pour in a tall glass.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge.
- This drink taste best if the pineapple juice and coconut milk are made fresh.
- To make fresh coconut milk, just blend a fresh coconut with some water in a blender.
- Strain. Fresh coconut milk is ready.
- To make fresh pineapple juice, blend pieces of pineapple with little water in a blender. Strain. Fresh juice is ready.
932 total views, 3 views today