Watermelon Shikanji Recipe
The summer season has started to roll all over India and everyone struggles to keep hydrated. In the Indian cuisine we have loads of drinks like panna, butter milk, jalzeera, nimbu pani or shikanji, and other cold drinks to help us through the summers. Now what about making slight changes to one of the these drinks and get a great flavor. I added the one of the most hydrated summer fruit watermelon to my shikanji to make Watermelon Shikanji and enjoyed the lovely taste. Watermelon’s are generally huge and my family is never able to finish them in one go, so use a portion of it to make this drink and everyone would love you for it. I also added honey for a refreshing feeling, while I used the soda, you could use plain water to make it as well. Summers are to enjoy these beverages and let’s keep adding flavors to have variety in our lives and for our loved ones. Use this Watermelon Shikanji Recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients needed for Watermelon Shikanji
- Watermelon seedless cubes – 8 to 10 cup (about 1 inch sides)
- Soda – 2 glass
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Lime juice – 4 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Rock salt – 1 tsp
- Ice cubes
- Mint leaves for garnishing
How to make Watermelon Shikanji
Preparation time: 10 min.
Making time: 10 min.
- Blend the watermelon cubes lightly in a blender, strain and keep the juice aside.
- In a pan mix lime juice, water melon juice, salt, rock salt, soda and honey.
- Pour it in the glasses over the ice cubes, garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve fresh.
You May Also Like: