Cleaning is one chore everybody generally tends to dislike and thus keeps procrastinating. In the end, the mounting cleaning tasks stare down upon us and we have no way out other than to just do it. But did you know that there are scientific solutions to the everyday annoyance? Yes, you can remember your days at the school chemistry lab for we are going to share with you some easy cleaning hacks, using some common chemicals and other agents found in every household. These hacks will surely help your household be squeaky clean.
This certainly is a wonder product which is available in every home. It works like a magical cleaning agent because of its abrasive attribute.
- Mix together a Tsp of Soda Bicarbonate, water and 1-2 drops of peppermint oil. Voila! You have a whitening toothpaste ready. The abrasive bicarb will help remove the stains. You must also use a fluoride toothpaste along with it to avoid cavities.
- Are your bath-tub, sink, or wash basin really dirty? Well, just mix a cup of vinegar and half a cup of bicarb with hot water and pour into the affected area. Plug the drain. Leave for five minutes and then release the drain and you will see it sparkling clean.
- For a sparkling clean toilet, mix one cup of baking soda with a few drops of tea tree essential oil and lemon essential oil. Leave the mixture in the toilet for at least 30 minutes. Then scrub with the toilet brush and you will have a sparkling toilet.
- Leave some bicarb on the inside of the shoes overnight and in the morning you will have shoes which are no longer smelly.
Olive Oil is multifaceted. It is not only nutritious but is also useful as a cleaning agent.
- Put olive oil on a soft cloth and apply it on the dirty spots of your pots and pans and move it in a circular motion. Your pots and pans will sparkle like new.
- Mix some olive oil and lemon juice and you will have a shoe polish ready. When you dab the mixture on to your shoes, you will get a perfect shine, The olive oil will also help to keep the leather of your shoes soft and supple.
This is another wonder cleaning agent that every household surely has.
- De-scale your showerhead by tying a sandwich bag filled with vinegar on it and leave it overnight. Be sure that the showerhead is fully submerged in the vinegar. The limescale on the showerhead will dissolve when introduced vinegar which is acidic.
- You can use a mixture of vinegar, water and an essential oil like lavender to rid your upholstery of pet smells and other odours.
- You can spruce up your mattress by spraying it with a mixture of vinegar and bicarb and then vacuuming it. This will help remove stains and keep the dust mites away.
- Mix some water, vinegar, and tree tea oil and you will have a kitchen cleaning spray ready. Spray this mixture onto the kitchen surfaces. The acidic nature of the vinegar will help remove the most stubborn stains and the tree tea oil will help in making your kitchen fragrant.
Here are a few more household hacks:
- If there is a water stain on your wooden table, use a hairdryer on the affected area. The hot air will help dry the water that has seeped into the wood and the stain will be gone.
- Do you have a pet and its hair are all over the sofa? Just rub the affected area with a rubber glove and the pet hair will stick onto it.
- If you have dropped grease on your dress, apply chalk powder or talcum powder on the affected area. It will help absorb the grease and a normal machine wash after that should do the trick of removing the stain.
Happy Cleaning Folks!