To have a glowing skin is only the dream of women, said no man in the world! Often most men shy away from talking about their skin even when it’s equally essential for them. For decades, the beauty industry has been flourishing profitably predominantly on the needs of women. But it’s high time to break the stigma and pave way for men’s beauty essentials!
So keeping in mind the skin care needs of the gentlemen out there, here are a few skin care rituals that will reap good rewards in term of impressing their women!
One of the basic steps to a good skin care routine is the cleansing of the face with a suitable cleanser. Soaps tend to be harsh on the skin, so avoid using them as much as you can. One of the simplest ways of cleansing dry skin is by applying Yogurt-Honey paste all over the face. For oily skins, try using gram flour and turmeric paste. Rosewater and milk are also good for making the skin baby soft. So, shun laziness and prepare to wash your face every morning and before going to the bed.
Cleansing alone cannot remove the dirt which has already settled onto your skin. For that, exfoliation is a must! It not only takes off the dirt but also imparts a healthy glow. A good exfoliant is one having minute scrubbing particles to soften the skin. Make a scrub at home by mixing oatmeal, baking soda and water. While massaging, don’t be too harsh so as to make your skin red. This step is only required twice a week.
Guys, if you think that only girls need to wear a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun, you should probably give it a second thought! For a fact, men need a moisturiser even more than the women do. A good moisturiser that contains SPF30 will not only hydrate your skin but also protect it from the ultra-violet rays of the sun! For a natural moisturiser, apply clotted cream on your face.
4. Shave Wisely
To shave or not to shave is totally a personal choice and doesn’t really harm anybody. But when you do, you need to be extra-careful while carrying out this routine. First things first — never dare to compromise upon the kind of razor your skin most likely needs! Two blades or three, trimmers or razors, examine your skin closely to decide which is better. Do not use products that are high on alcohol content! There is nothing more damaging for the skin.
5. Prevent Acne
Acne is not just an age issue, it can happen anytime! Since men tend to have an oilier skin than women, breakouts are normal and should be treated lightly. Acne can be prevented by keeping the skin oil-free as much as possible. A small clove of raw garlic when consumed whole, can detoxify the impurities in your blood. For reducing the size of the pimple, apply grounded cumin seeds by making a paste with water and leaving it overnight.
Regular cleansing of your face can also prevent the breakouts.
6. Avoid Wrinkles
Were it possible, aging is the first thing anybody would have loved to stop and reverse! But we can’t really control the natural processes. All we can do is to improve the appearance of the skin by preventing fine lines and wrinkles. Moisturising and hydrating play an essential role here! Using night creams that contain retinol can enhance the elasticity of your skin, which in turn will stop the skin from sagging.
1. Drink atleast two glasses of water right after waking up in the morning.
2. Keep the sugar-level in control by avoiding high sugar-diets.
3. Avoid going under the sun as much as possible. Use sunscreen before stepping out.
4. Follow a proper sleeping cycle. Having at least 7-8 hours of sleep is absolutely a must.
5. Clean eating should be your ideal diet. Fruits and veggies are not only good for your health but also for your skin. Load up on them as much as you can!
6. Exercise! Nothing can compensate for that 30 minutes of workout that your body invariably needs.
7. Don’t stress out! Too much stress can make you look older in a short time span.
8. Avoid smoking.
9. Always wipe off the sweat from your face to avoid acne.
10. Get your skin treated with facials from time to time.
11. Don’t rely on fairness creams to work wonders for your complexion. Use lemon juice to make your skin-tone lighter.
12. Don’t rub towels on your face even for wiping off the sweat. Use a tissue instead.
13. In case of dandruff, keep your hair off the face as much as possible. Dandruff is one of the reasons for acne breakout.
Be it men or women, your skin is the first thing that grabs the attention of the onlooker. So always remember, a good skincare regime can not only make you look younger for a very long time but also get you noticed everywhere!