Guwahati is one of the most beautiful places in the north eastern part of India. It’s full of greenery and nature in all its beauty. In fact, people who live there mention that whenever they visit big cities like Delhi, they feel suffocated, as if they are in a gas chamber.
Things to do in Guwahati:
- If you are flying from Delhi, take a left side window seat and while returning, request a right window seat. You will be able to see the Himalayas easily from your side. That’s not true for the other side.
- You will see nature all around. Kaziranga national park is amazing. Bhupen Hazarika memorial is also near the airport and a must visit place.
- Hindi language can be easily used and people are okay with it. The locals talk in Assamese language though. Bangla is also good to go.
- Fresh fruits are just amazing. Pineapple is a great treat, especially if you travel towards Shillong. Remember to taste one pineapple at least .
- Here they treat you with bamboo shoot foods like achar etc…good and yummy
A scenic place like Guwahati is a must visit. The place is full of clean air, fresh oxygen and the nature is amazing here. Moreover, River Brahmaputra has so many ghats around that one must watch the flow sitting in the market area.