|The key industries include Information Technology,Telecommunications,Hotels, Media, Banking and Tourism. The manufacturing industries of Delhi has also expanded as many consumer goods industries have established manufacturing units and offices in the region.
Delhi's large consumer market and its abundance of skilled labor has attracted foreign investments to Delhi.
The Delhi State Industrial Development Corporation (DSIDC) has played a vital role in shaping the Industrial growth of Delhi. The main objectives of DSIDC are:
- To aid, counsel,assist,finance,protect and promote the interests of Industries in the Union Territory of Delhi
- To undertake procurement and distribution of various raw materials
- To undertake and provide marketing facilities to small industries
- To acquire land and develop it suitably
- To help co-ordination between small and large industry
- To promote and operate schemes for Delhi Industries
- To promote and develop industries of all types
- To establish and maintain Manpower data to export Manpower to foreign countries
The DSIDC has built 944 industrial sheds on 8 industrial complexes. Most of them are in Okhla.The notable of them are:
- Kirtinagar Industrial Area
- Mangolpuri Industrial Area
- Naraina Industrial Area
- Okhala Industrial Area
Delhi has a workforce of approximately 33%; the unemployment rate in Delhi is one of the lowest in the country-about 5%
Construction, Power,Telecommunications and Real Estate is the pillars of Delhi's economy. The retail industry in Delhi is one of the most thriving in India.
The presences of a considerable consumer market along with a large pool of skilled labor have helped Delhi in its industrialization. The rise in disposable incomes has also led to the growth of the retail industry.
The major service companies operating in the Delhi region are:
- v-Angelz Technologies Private Limited A-36 Mehtab House, Mohan Co-Operative Industrial Area, Mathura Road,New Delhi-110044
- KMG Infotech India Limited 307-309 3rd Floor, 38 Ansal Tower, Nehru Place, New Delhi-110019
- InfoFace Technologies Private Limited K-39 Second Floor Lajpat Nagar Part II New Delhi-110024
- G.S & Co Private Limited (GSPL) B-8 Hauz Khas New Delhi-110016
- Eastman Designs India RB-6 Inder Puri New Delhi-110012
- Compare Infobase Limited C-62 Community Center, Janakpuri, New Delhi-58
The Building and Construction companies operating in Delhi are:
- Allied Overseas A3/86 Janak Puri, New Delhi-110058
- Donear Plywood Private Limited 32 North West Avenue, Punjabi Bagh New Delhi-110026
- Essel Engineering Industries Private Limited A-40 Okhla Industrial Area Phase 1 Delhi-110020
- G.W Vision Technologies 120 Sanskrit Nagar Sector-14 Rohini New Delhi-110054
- Nexus Merchandising Private Limited B-1/150 Janakpuri New Delhi-110058
The Chemical and Petrochemical companies are: Apratim International L-2A Hauz Khas Enclave New Delhi-110016 Chemico Chemicals Private Limited 341 Functional Industrial Area New Delhi-110092
The retail industry also employs a large number of people in New Delhi.