Festivals in February
- Mahashivratri (February 13, 2018) - This is a day when Lord Shiva is worshipped by thousands of devotees across the country. Fasts are kept by many throughout the day. At the end of the day prayers and rituals are held after which the festival is celebrated in a fervorous manner. Celebrations are elaborately held in temples of Lord Shiva across the country.
- Desert Festival - This is a three-day festival that is marked by music and festivities in the city of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. There are several programs in music and dance that are held during this time of the festival along with competitions and trips on camel backs to see the desert sand dunes. Dates for this festival are going to be disclosed soon.
- Elephanta Festival - This is a festival that is held on the elephant island that is close to the famous Elephanta caves. Music and dance forms presented in the festival are the main attraction of this festival. The dates for this festival have not yet been decided.
- Deccan Festival - This festival takes place in Hyderabad. It is marked by programs in ghazals qawalis and mushairas. There is a similar celebration that takes place in two other famous attractions of this south Indian city - food and pearls.
- Goa Carnival ( February 10- to February 13, 2018) - A famous festival of Goa which continues for three days. The occasion is marked by very colorful processions and floats that are taken out during this time. This festival marks the celebration of the culture and cuisine of Goa. It is going to start on 10 February 2018 and will end on 13 February 2018. Nagaur Fair (February 22 to February 25, 2018) - A day-long festival on the occasion of the annual cattle fair of Nagaur in Rajasthan. After a day of hectic buying and selling of cattle people of the place enjoy with different kinds of competitions and camel race.
- Taj Mahotsav - This is a ten-day event which is an occasion of International celebrations. It attracts a great number of tourists as well. It is a platform for dance, music, poetry along with the display of art and crafts from all regions of India. This festival will start from 18 February 2018 and will end on 27 February 2018.
- Surajkund Crafts Mela (February 2 to February 18, 2018) - This festival is a celebration of art, craft, and cuisines in the region near New Delhi. Other than the art and craft of village, its cuisine and cultural programs form the main attractions of the fair. The proposed date for the beginning of this fest is from 2nd Feb which is going to continue until 18 Feb.
- Chapchar Kut - This festival is a celebration of the onset of spring in Mizoram. Dance, music, and feasts are the main attractions of this festival.
- Island Tourism Festival - This is a ten-day long festival held at the Andaman and the Nicobar islands. Apart from an exhibition of art, craft, and dance, music too form a major part of the celebration.
Last Updated on : January 10, 2018