Festivals in February
- Elephanta Festival (February 13th, 2023 )- This is a festival that is held on the elephant island that is close to the famous Elephanta caves. Music and dance forms presented in the festival are the main attraction of this festival. This festival will take place from February 13, 2023, to February 15, 2023.
- Desert Festival (February 14th, 2023 to February 16th, 2023) - This is a three-day festival that is marked by music and festivities in the city of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. There are several programs in music and dance that are held during this time of the festival along with competitions and trips on camel backs to see the desert dunes. This festival will take place from February 14, 2023, to February 16, 2023.
- Taj Mahotsav (February 18, 2023, to February 27, 2023) - This is a ten-day event that is an occasion of International celebrations. It attracts a great number of tourists as well. It is a platform for dance, music, poetry along with the display of art and crafts from all regions of India. This festival will start from February 18, 2023, to February 27, 2023.
- Mahashivratri (February 18, 2023) - - This is a day when Lord Shiva is worshipped by thousands of devotees across the country. Fasts are kept by many throughout the day. At the end of the daily prayers and rituals are held after which the festival is celebrated in a fervorous manner. Celebrations are elaborately held in temples of Lord Shiva across the country.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti (19 February 2023)- The birth anniversary of Maratha ruler Shivaji is celebrated as Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Jayanti of Shivaji Jayanti. Every year on February 19, Shivaji Jayanti is observed in memory of the creator of the Maratha Kingdom. The great Maratha celebrates his 392 birthday this year. Chhatrapati Shivaji was one of India's most courageous, progressive, and enlightened emperors.
- Deccan Festival (February 25th, 2023 to March 01st, 2023) - This festival takes place in Hyderabad. It is marked by programs in ghazals qawwalis and mushairas. There is a similar celebration that takes place in two other famous attractions of this south Indian city - food and pearls. This festival will take place in Hyderabad between February 25, 2023, and February 29, 2023.
- Vijaya Ekadashi (16 February 2023 - 17 February 2023)- Vijaya Ekadashi, as the name says, is the day that represents triumph. Those who aspire to be prosperous in all aspects of their lives should practise this vrat and desire Lord Vishnu's grace.
- Goa Carnival (February 18, 2023, to February 21, 2023) - A famous festival of Goa that continues for three days. The occasion is marked by very colourful processions and floats that are taken out during this time. This festival marks the celebration of the culture and cuisine of Goa. This festival will take place throughout Goa from February 18 to February 21, 2023.
Last Updated on : January 10, 2023