Aam Pora Shorbot is a great summer drink from Bengal and with its wonderful taste gives much needed coolness to your body. This drink comes very close to aam panna made in North India. In this case the raw mangoes are roasted giving a great smoky aroma, while the mixture with sugar gives a sweet and tangy taste. This drink would be loved by everyone in the home and your guests will definitely thank you for the wonderful welcome beverage. This is very easy to make in your kitchen, in fact I would say that you should always keep some of this in the fridge as it one of the best substitutes of water when you are back from the sweltering heat. Here is an easy to use Aam Pora Shorbot Recipe which you can keep handy. Enjoy!
Ingredients(serves 4 to 6)
- Raw mangoes – 3
- Fresh mint – 1/4 cup
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Black salt – 2 tsp
- Water – 6 cup
How to make Aam Pora Shorbot
Preparation time: 10 min.
Making time: 20 min.
- Wash and dry the raw mangoes, using a fork prick it all over.
- Roast the mangoes over direct heat for about 10 min.
- Peel the skin, cool and using your hands pull out all the pulp.
- Take the pulp in a blender, add sugar, black salt, roasted cumin powder, mint and blend to make a paste.
- Add water and blend again for a min.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Pour in glasses and serve chilled.
Read More :