Sharbat’s has been used in India since traditional times. As kids and even now, roohafza, rose and mint sharbat’s are the favorites as summer drinks. Right now it is also Ramzaan time and iftar in the evening needs a perfect beverage to go with the food. So why not make healthy Badam Ka Sharbat? Badam or almonds are rich in proteins and carbohydrates, you can easily make a sharbat and store it in the refrigerator for a week or so. This sharbat can be served in breakfast, in the evenings, after meals or even as a dessert. This sharbat can be used with water or milk to make a refreshing drink anytime you want. I even used some saffron to make the color more vibrant and it gave a great appeal and taste. Just use the following Badam Ka Sharbat Recipe and enjoy it any time.
- Badam – 200 g
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Saffron – a pinch
- Water – 6 cups
How to make Badam Ka Sharbat
Preparation time: 1 hr + cooling time
- Blanch the badam in warm water and remove the skin.
- Grind in a blender to make a paste.
- Mix badam paste, sugar, saffron and water in a pan.
- Cook for 1 hour on medium heat until it thickens.
- Cool and store sharbat in refrigerator.
- To make the beverage, add 4 tbsp of badam ka sharbat in the glass.
- Add one glass water and mix well.
- Top it with ice cubes and serve.
You can also mix the sharbat with milk for serving.
Related Recipes :