I got introduced to Cajun Potatoes in one of my travels and I immediately fell in love with it. Since then I’ve made it a number of times and its now a constant demand from the friends who have tasted it. They just taste great and can be served in snacks, starters or breakfast. Cajun potatoes are made with baby potatoes baked nicely and need very basic other ingredients from home or for a more authentic taste you can buy Cajun mix from the market. I can assure that you too will love them and would want to make them again and again. So better bookmark this Cajun Potato Recipe and use it whenever you want to impress your guests.
- Baby Potatoes – 1/2 kg
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Spring onion for garnishing (cut in small pieces)
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 50 min.
- Boil the baby potatoes and crush them flat with a potato masher.
- Sprinkle olive oil, and half of salt and black pepper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Line the crushed potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Bake them for 20 min, turn them over and bake again for 20 min.
- In a bowl mix mayonnaise, fresh cream, red chili powder, roasted cumin powder and remaining salt and black pepper.
- Take the baked potatoes out in a plate and spread the above mixture all over.
- Garnish with spring onion.
- Serve hot.
237 total views, 1 views today