Chane Urad Dal Ki Kachori Recipe
Kachori’s are very famous in the Northern part of India. They can be served all the ways like a snack, in breakfast or even main course. They can be served with tea or coffee with some green chutney or with aaloo ki subzi as you like. I remember the holiday times when we used to either buy kachori’s from a nearby halwai shop or at times cook them at home. These are generally made with lentils and are sold on many street shops in the state of Rajasthan, UP and Uttarakhand. Today I used chana dal and urad dal to make Chane Urad Dal Ki Kachori and they came out very nice. Why don’t you also try out this easy recipe and make these at home.
Ingredients needed for Chane Urad Dal Ki Kachori
- Oil for frying
- For Dough
- Maida – 1 cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil – 1 tsp
- For Filling
- Chana Dal – 1/4 cup
- Urad Dal – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Heeng – a pinch
- Saunf – 1/2 tsp
- Zeera – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 5 to 6
- Ginger – 1/4 tsp (grated)
- Green chili – 1/2 tsp (finely cut)
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
How to make Chane Urad Dal Ki Kachori
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
- Soak both the dal in water for about an hour.
- Mix all dough ingredients and use warm water to knead a soft dough. Cover and keep aside.
- Coarsely grind both the dal separately, then mix.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp oil, temper mustard seeds. Add heeng, zeera, curry leaves and saunf.
- Add dal and all other filling ingredients and saute for 5 min. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough in about 8 equal balls, and filling in 8 equal parts.
- Take each dough ball roll it into a circle about 2 inch diameter, put the filling in the center, close and again roll in a circle.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kachori until golden brown from both sides.
Related Chana Recipes: