It is breakfast time, and while I was with some Gujarati friends, thought of making something special for them as well. What better than a Gujarati Khakra for breakfast? These hand-made crackers are made thin and crunchy by roasting over a tava. They can be served with dahi or achaar for a perfect taste, and I’m so much looking forward to have them today. Another great thing about Khakra’s is that you can store them in air tight container for couple of weeks at least. My friends were surprised at how I could make this regional dish so easily at home and in fact wanted me to share this recipe with them. I’m sure you too are looking forward to delicious breakfasts in next coming festive days, and you must try these Khakras. Just make them yourself with this simple-to-follow Gujarati Khakra Recipe and enjoy the day.
- Atta – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kasoori methi – 1 tbsp
How to make Gujarati Khakra
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 1 hour.
- Mix aata with oil, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and kasoori methi and mix well with both hands.
- Add water and knead a hard dough.
- Divide into lemon sized balls and roll them into discs as thin as possible using aata for dusting as needed.
- Heat a tava and roast each of the discs pressing with a cotton cloth all over, repeat for both sides until crispy and brown.
- Complete for all the khakras.
- Store in an air-tight container or serve.
1,030 total views, 1 views today