Mango season is not too much away now and I can already spot few shops starting to sell the initial variety. Although the real good taste of mangoes would only come when the summer starts to set in, nothing stops us from enjoying them right now as well. As kids, we all used to enjoy the raw mangoes and try our hands to get to them from the trees. Getting a bit nostalgic today I used raw mango (kaccha aam) to make accompaniment raita for my main course. Kaache Aam Ka Raita gave a very nice tangy taste to the meals and everyone just loved the different take. Its extremely easy to make, by shredding the raw mangoes and mixing in dahi with some other ingredients. Decorate it with some regular spices like red chili powder, cumin powder and the appearance gets enhanced multi-fold. You too can enjoy this lovely taste with your everyday meals, use this Kaache Aam Ka Raita Recipe and add yet another mango dish to your book.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Raw mango,skinned and grated – 1/2 cup
- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Salt -1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/4 tsp
- Green chili- 1/4 tsp ( chopped )
- Green coriander – 1 tsp ( chopped )
- Mint leaves – 1 tsp ( chopped )
How to make Kaache Aam Ka Raita
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Boil mango in sufficient water for two minutes or till it is soft.
- Drain the water.
- Whisk the curd to make it smooth and add 1/2 cup water.
- Mix nicely.
- Grind and make a smooth paste of salt, cumin powder, red chili powder, green chilies and mint leaves.
- Add this paste to the curd.
- Mix well.
- Chill the raita in refrigerator for a few hours.
- Garnish with mint.
- Serve chilled.