Mixing the best of two cuisines can sometimes create a cool dish and that is what happened today. I made the all too famous South Indian idli, Chinese schezwan style and the combo gave a perfect twin taste. Schezwan Idli is a good choice for breakfast or starters or in fact any time snack. We have talked about idli in a past recipe, so here I would only show how to make these idli into this schezwan dish. This combo taste would go well with kids and adults alike and you would get all the appreciation for the unique idea, so why not give it a try. You will find it all too easy using this Schezwan Idli Recipe, use it for breakfast and a great start to your day.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Idli – 8 to 10 (cut in pieces)
- Green capsicum – 1/2 cup (cut in slices)
- Spring onion – 1/4 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Green chilies -2 (cut in small pieces)
- Tomato – 1/4 cup (cut in square pieces)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Chili sauce – 1/4 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 tsp
- White vinegar – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
How to make Schezwan Idli
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Heat oil in a pan, saute ginger and garlic for a min.
- Add spring onion and saute for 2 min.
- Add green capsicum and tomato with a splash of water and cook for about 2 min.
- Add soy sauce, chili sauce, tomato sauce and white vinegar and cook for 30 sec.
- Add salt and idli and mix well.
- Serve hot.