Sometimes when you want to enjoy the weather, the ambience and the company of like-minded friends, a mocktail comes in very handy. This is exactly what Virgin Mint Julep gives you, a perfectly balanced taste of lemon and mint creating a refreshed mind and body. Lemon gives you the Vitamin C while the mint leaves are also known for helping in preventing various diseases, so the combo creates lasting benefits. Mixed with crushed ice this is also a perfect drink for summers and monsoon season and would be loved by all. You can also look to serve it along with the meals and avoid the soda drinks and it would go well with most Indian meals. Since it can be made fairly quickly I can also suggest this as a recipe for your next party at home, make sure you make loads of it to allow for re-fills. Here is a simple Virgin Mint Julep Recipe for you to use, make it any day and enjoy with family and friends.
All you need is (serves 2)
- Lemon – 2
- Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Ice crushed – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
Virgin Mint Julep Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min + refrigeration time
- Cut and squeeze the ginger to bring out juice.
- Mix sugar in equal amount of warm water and refrigerate for 30 to 40 min.
- Squeeze the lemons in sugar syrup and mix well.
- Add ginger juice and mix well.
- Layer the serving glass with crushed ice, pour the syrup over the ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve cold.
For More Drink Recipe…
301 total views, 9 views today