We’ve all heard the quote, “Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.” There are many scientifically-proven benefits of waking up early. To improve your health by working out early in the morning or taking some time away from the busy day and meditating. The early morning hours are entirely yours to enjoy; however, you want to lead a more productive lifestyle.
Benefits of waking-up early:
- More me-time: For working individuals or stay at home mom’s, everyone needs some time that is solely dedicated to them. For example, sip your tea or coffee while watering your plants or meditating in the early morning peace. Early morning hours are the perfect time to give yourself a boost and start your day on a happy note.
- Exercising: Most people today work desk jobs. Thanks to work from home, work hours have been stretched from the usual 9-5 to 8 or 9. As a result, people have no time to work out, and health risks such as obesity are rising. Getting up early is the perfect way to add workouts into your schedule. Getting the workout done first thing in the morning will help you from skipping exercise after work. Exercising early morning releases endorphins that reduce stress and anxiety. The more you hear about early morning exercise, the better!
- Better sleep cycle: If you’re waking up early, naturally, you will go to bed early as well. It will help your body be attuned to the earth’s circadian rhythm and offer you a healthier sleep cycle. A good sleep cycle promotes healthy brain activity and function. People who have troubled night’s sleep will experience better and deeper sleep hours.
- Healthier eating habits: If you wake up early, you will have much more time to make yourself breakfast. Time and again, we’re taught that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, slipping breakfast is connected with various bodily imbalances. Waking up means you’ll feel hungry early as well and eat a good breakfast. Starting your day with a filling, nutrition-rich meal can give you more energy to seize the day.
- Become more organised: If you’re waking up early, you have more free time on your hands to better your life. You can use this to learn new skills or organise yourself for the day. Be it replying to work-related emails, getting updated about your chores of the day or just cleaning the home.
- Beat the traffic: We all know how congested roads are during the monsoon season. Getting late for work is something everyone goes through because of the same. So wake up early and leave the house earlier for your commute. Even a fifteen-minute lead can help you beat the early morning rush and reach on time without any stress.
There are countless benefits of a Healthy Lifestyle and waking up early, catching a sunrise, taking some self-reflection time in the early morning quiet, walking your dog or watering your plants. It is scientifically proven that people who wake up early are happier and lead more stress-free lives than those who stay up late.