A country of cultural montage, India symbolizes the unification of diverse colors of religions and traditions. The peaceful coexistence of distinct cultures consolidates the feeling of nationalism in every heart. Such is the magnificence of our country that anyone who steps on this land cannot resist being mesmerized by its mystical charm. India has something for everybody! Some people are fascinated by historical richness, some by its culinary delights, some by its unique topography and some by the warm hospitality of its people. Reasons may be different but the feelings are mutual- sheer love for India! With its infinite offerings, there is no dearth of things to be tried out in India! But of course, there are certain things which are absolutely a must for all the visitors. These are the things which bring out the real face of India, thereby bringing the visitors much closer to the Indian essence! So today, I am going out to write about 50 things that everybody, be it a tourist or a denizen, should definitely try out for at least once!
1. Begin the journey by visiting the most beautiful architectural wonder of the world- Taj Mahal!
2. Take a dip in the River Ganga at Haridwar.
3. Stay in a Shikara at the Dal Lake in Kashmir.
4. Experience the colorful beauty of Holi at the holy land of Vrindavan.
5. Gratify your taste buds at a Punjabi Dhaba on the highways.
6. Play cricket in a park or on the streets.
7. Attend Durga Puja Festival in Kolkata.
8. Shop at the crowded bazaar of Chandni Chowk in Delhi.
9. Visit the Golden Temple in Amritsar.
10. Party at the beachside in Goa!
11. Fly kites at the Grand Kite Festival in Ahmedabad.
12. Rejuvenate yourself with a relaxing massage in Kerala.
13. Feel the royalties of the Rajputana Culture at Jaipur.
14. Try out trekking over the frozen Zanskar River in Ladakh.
15. Attend the Republic Day celebrations at the India Gate.
16. Watch the Pahalwans getting down and dirty at the Indian wrestling ground called Akhara.
17. Take a biking trip to the mountains with friends.
18. Get enlightened at Bodh Gaya- one of the most important Buddhist Site.
19. Go for a camping trip and enjoy river rafting at Rishikesh.
20. Attend the Ganesh Visarjan Festival in Maharashtra.
21. Delve in the natural beauties of the North-east.
22. Reach up to the southern tip of India, Kanyakumari.
23. Attend the iconic Kumbh Mela.
24. Visit as many historical architectures as possible.
25. Take a joy-ride in the toy train at Darjeeling.
26. Try spotting a White Tiger at the Sunderbans.
27. Travel in a Mumbai Local to feel the rush of life.
28. Fill in your mouth with the mouth-watering Gol-Gappas on the streets.
29. Attend an Indian Wedding, especially of a Punjabi Family.
30. Ride a Camel in the deserts of Rajasthan.
31. Stay in a heritage hotel to feel like a king!
32. Experience divinity at the Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai.
33. Visit Bhangarh, for a stunning encounter with the ghosts!
34. Enjoy a romantic stay at the house-boats in Kerala.
35. Apply Mehendi/Henna on your hands.
36. Dress up in pure Indian attire.
37. Visit the Kaala Pani Jail/Cellular Jail in Port Blair.
38. Experience the night life of Delhi.
39. Watch the Border Ceremony at the Wagah Border.
40. Watch a cricket match live at the stadiums.
41. Dance and groove like a star in the Monsoon Rains.
42. Experience the rural rustics at a village in the outskirts.
43. Play Kabaddi!
44. Watch women starve for a whole day for their husbands on Karvachauth.
45. Learn an Indian Dance form.
46. Be a part of the Navratri Festival in Gujarat.
47. Taste the maximum variety of Mangoes available in India.
48. Get to know the original Snake Charmers of the country in Gujarat.
49. Stuff your mouth with Laddoos and several other sweets available only in India.
50. Watch DDLJ, still running successfully at the Marath Mandir theatre in Mumbai!
Related information :