About Calangute




Tourists who wish to visit Calangute must obtain detailed information about Calangute. Calangute is a city located in the northern region of the state of Goa. Calangute abounds in beaches, resorts and hotels. The city has a maritime kind of a climate. Calangute has a total population of 15,776 people, according to 2001 census. Around 54% of the population is male and the rest 46% of the population are females. The approximate literary rate of the city is 73%.

Calangute beach, Goa, was a land of the hippies during the 1960s. Large numbers of tourists used to visit this beach annually. Calangute beach is known to be a paradise for nature lovers and adventurers. The beaches are encircled with palm trees and cool shady spots.

The Calangute beach is one of the popular beaches of Goa. Calangute beach is also known as the Queen of Beaches. The surrounding regions of Calangute are the villages of Saligao, Candolim, and Arpora-Nagoa, which add to the beauty of Calangute. Calangute and Baga beaches are the real attraction of Goa.

For further information browse through the following links:



Last Updated on 07 August 2012


     


     

Which States Share Boundary with China?India, in total, shares land borders with 6 sovereign countries. China is one of those. Below are the Indian states which share borders with the country. 1. Jammu and Kashmir This northern state of India is mostly located in the Himalayan mountains. It shares a… Read More...
Which States Share Boundaries with Pakistan? There are four states that share a border with Pakistan, namely, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Gujarat. The India Pakistan Border is quite intriguing. Since India has installed 1,50,000 flood lights on… Read More...
Which Places in India Still Largely Speak Sanskrit?Sanskrit is considered as Dev Bhasha, the language of Gods. It has a history of around 3500 years. It used to be a primary language of ancient India. Its earliest form Vedic Sanskrit, was prevalent from 1500 500 BCE. However, it is fading… Read More...


EU GDPR Update:
MapsofIndia has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofIndia Privacy Policy and Terms.
We follow editorialcalls.org for border and boundary demarcations