Madhya Pradesh Population



Madhya Pradesh is situated in the heart of India. Also known as MP the state spreads across an area of 3,08,245 sq. km making it the second largest state in India. Bhopal serves as the capital of Madhya Pradesh . Indore happens to be the largest city while Jabalpur is the most important commercial center of Madhya Pradesh.

Madhya Pradesh is the sixth largest state in India by population. It shares its borders with Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat and Rajasthan.

Currently the population of Madhya Pradesh stands at 7,25,97,565 million according to the 2011 Census Report. The Madhya Pradesh Population has increased by 24.34% as compared to 60.35 million populations in 2001. The report also states that almost 75% of the population of the state resides in the rural areas and their main occupation is agriculture. The rest of the 25 percent live in the cities and towns of Madhya Pradesh. Indore is the most populated district of the state with a total head count of 25,24,912 million.

The majority population of the state consists of Hindu's. Muslims are the largest minority community. Tribes constitute about 20 percent of the total population of Madhya Pradesh. Most of the tribal people are concentrated around the southern part of the state. Gond is the most popular tribal group in Madhya Pradesh. They mainly inhabit the areas like; Mandla, Chhindwara, Betul and Seoni, Vindhya and the Satpura region.

Hindi is the most widely spoken and the official language of Madhya Pradesh English is also spoken by quite a large section of the society. The other common languages spoken in the state are; Bundeli, Malwi, Bagheli and Nimari.

Madhya Pradesh: Census 2011



According to the latest 2011 Census Data Madhya Pradesh has a total population of 7.25 Crore which constitutes about 6 % of total Population of India.

Madhya Pradesh Statistics
Population of Madhya Pradesh 72,597,565
Total Males 37,612,920
Total Females 34,984,645
Decadel Growth Rate 20.30
Sex ratio females per 1000 males 930
Population Density of Madhya Pradesh 236 km sq
Literacy rate 70.63
Males 80.53
Females 60.02





Last Updated on : 14th March 2013

     


     

Which state is the largest producer of uranium in India? The state of Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of uranium in India. Tummalapalle village located in the Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh is considered as one of… Read More...
Which Indian state produces the maximum wind power? The production of power from wind energy has considerably increased in the recent years. Very recently in June this year, India became the fourth largest country with 34.293 gigawatt of… Read More...
Which Indian state is the largest producer of diamonds? Madhya Pradesh is the only state with a diamond mine in the country as well as in Asia. During the year 2017-18, Madhya Pradesh has produced 28,424 carats of diamonds (up to December… Read More...


EU GDPR Update:
MapsofIndia has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofIndia Privacy Policy and Terms.
We follow editorialcalls.org for border and boundary demarcations