Aloo Kurkure Recipe
Looking for a crispy and crunchy evening snack that is easy to make as well? Try these kurkure aloo. I learnt this recipe from one of my aunts and ever since I have made it, I am hooked. Crispy and crunchy deep fried chunks of potatoes with a little flavoring is the perfect evening snack and tea accompaniment. The coating of besan gives extra crunchiness and flavor to these potatoes. Enjoy this dish with some coriander and mint chutney and a cup of hot masala chai. So, go ahead and try this recipe.
Ingredients needed for Aloo Kurkure
- Potato – 2 no.s (large)
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chili -2 no.s (chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2 inch piece (grated)
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Jeera powder – 1\2 tsp
- Besan – 4 tbsp
- Oil for frying
How to make Aloo Kurkure
- Wash the potatoes and boil them.
- Let them cool and then peel the skin.
- Break the potatoes into small pieces using your finger.
- Add fresh coriander, green chili, grated ginger, salt, chaat masala, jeera powder and besan to the potatoes.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and deep fry the potatoes on high heat, till golden brown.
- Take out the fried potatoes in a plate lined with tissue paper.
- Serve hot with some coriander chutney.
- Do not over-cook the potatoes, otherwise they will become mushy.
- Break the potato into pieces once they are nicely cooled, otherwise they will become mushy.
- You can mix and keep all the ingredients beforehand, but fry only when ready to eat.