Dahi ke Aaloo Recipe
Everybody longs for some simple and specially created breakfast in the mornings, be it a weekday or a weekend. There are just some famous recipes which we create every now and then for our special ones. Aaloo is one such vegetable which is used in various breakfast recipes, rich in carbohydrates, its good to be had in the breakfast so it gives you the energy for the long day ahead. Just with slight variation you can create dahi ke aaloo, a curry made with adding curd to the rasedar aaloo. It goes best with some nice and hot puris and your favorite achaar on the side. This is a typical north Indian breakfast with the recipe being passed on from mothers and grand mothers. Create a simple and special breakfast today with this recipe.
Ingredients needed for Dahi ke Aaloo
- Potatoes – 3-4
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Heeng – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato -2 (chopped)
- Green chili – 1 (slit into halves)
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd -1/2 cup (whisked)
- Coriander – 2 tbsp (chopped)
How to make Dahi ke Aaloo
- Boil and peel the potatoes.
- Break them into small pieces with hands.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add cumin seeds and heeng.
- When the seeds starts crackling, add tomatoes and green chilies.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add the curd and keep stirring till it comes to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with puris.