The weather has changed in most parts of India and it’s raining almost everywhere. This kind of weather calls for evening snacking on fried snacks with hot cup of teas. Samosa, pakode, chaat or anything fried and crispy is what I crave for as soon it gets cloudy and the rain starts falling. But have you thought about the calories you are taking while enjoying this beautiful weather? Don’t worry! There is a very good solution to satisfy your crispy food craving yet stay fit and control your calorie intake. There are some very good baked options that you can make . This baked bread is one such delicious option. The bread instead of frying is stuffed and baked till crispy and crunchy. So go ahead and enjoy the rain and with these bread rolls and a cup of hot ginger tea. Here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for Baked Bread rolls
- Bread slices – 8
- Potato – 1 (boiled)
- Paneer -1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Green chili – 1 no. (chopped)
- Ghee – 2 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
- Maida – 1 tsp
How to make Baked Bread rolls
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Remove the corner of the bread slices.
- Roll the slices with a rolling pin.
- Mix maida with water to make a batter.
- Mix potato, paneer, salt, chaat masala, garam masala, green coriander and green chili to make the stuffing.
- Take one slice and keep little filling in the center.
- Apply the maida batter on the sides and fold the bread slice.
- Make all the rolls in a similar way.
- Apply a little ghee on top.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake till golden brown.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney or ketchup.