Kadai Chicken or Chicken Kadai is a typical North-Indian dish. The specialty of the dish lies in its name itself; the dish is made in a utensil called ‘Kadai’. It’s a spicy, tangy and thick curried dish. It is usually eaten with breads such as ‘Roti’ or ‘Naan’. This dish is popular in the northern states of India and Pakistan as well. This is an easy and must try delicacy.
Ingredients needed for Kadai Chicken
– ½ KG Chicken Cubes Boneless (Tikka Cut)
– 3 Chopped Onions
– 1 Diced Onion
– 1 Diced Capsicum
– 4-5 Pureed Tomatoes
– Coriander Powder
– Cumin Powder
– Chicken Masala
– Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
– Garam Masala
– Desi Ghee/Oil
– Ginger Garlic Paste
– Dry Fenugreek
– Coriander Leaves
How to make Kadai Chicken?
1. Start with a heating a Kadai. Add 4 tablespoons of Desi Ghee/Oil to it.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds and wait for them to pop.
3. Once they start popping add 2 teaspoons of Ginger-Garlic Paste and cook it for 2 minutes to make sure the paste is cooked.
4. Add 3 Chopped Onions once the paste is cooked. Sauté the onion till they are golden brown.
5. Add Chicken Cubes to these sautéed onions and mix them properly.
6. Add ½ teaspoon Turmeric, 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder, 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder, 1 teaspoon Garam Masala and 1 teaspoon Chicken Masala to the Kadai. Cook the masalas properly. Add some more Ghee/Oil if required.
7. Once the masalas are cooked and start to stick to the bottom of the Kadai, add 4-5 Pureed Tomatoes.
8. Mix them properly and then cover the Kadai for at least 10 minutes on a simmered flame.
Add the Diced Onion and Capsicum to the curry.
9. Add ½ a cup of Fresh Cream to the Kadai, to balance out the tangy flavor of tomatoes.
10. Cover it again and cook for another five minutes.
11. Add a pinch of Dried Fenugreek to it.
12. Now check if the chicken is well done. If well done, take it off the flame.
13. Garnish it with freshly chopped Coriander Leaves and Fresh Cream. Kadai Chicken is ready to be served.
447 total views, 2 views today