Matar Ki Chaat Recipe
Matar ki chaat is a very famous chaat recipe which is popular in north India. It can be had as a snack in the evening or can be paired with pani puri and aloo tikki for a delicious chaat experience. There are two types of dried peas available. One variety is green and the other is yellow. Both have very different taste and flavor. The yellow variety is the one that you get at most chaat stalls. The same taste is easy to replicate at home and it is safe and easy on the pocket to make at home and enjoy whenever you want. Just soak the peas a few hours before and you have a delicious snack for the evening. You can even pair it with kulchaas or aloo ki tikki for a hearty meal. It is also a great recipe when you have guests at home. You can boil and keep the peas in refrigerator for a few days and, whenever you want to make it, just add all the ingredients and you are all set. So here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for making Matar Ki Chaat
- Dry yellow matar – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Fresh coriander – 4 tbsp (chopped)
- Ginger – 1-inch piece (grated)
- Black salt – 2 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Sweet chutney – 6 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
How to make Matar ki chaat
- Soak peas in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain and put the peas in a pressure cooker.
- Cover the peas with water and add salt.
- Pressure cook till peas are done.
- Do not overcook as the peas will become mushy.
- Take out the boiled peas in a large bowl and add all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.