Nankhatai is one of many famous Indian sweets which are just indispensable for the Indian festivals. Occasion of Raksha Bandhan is definitely not complete without sweets, so I thought why not make these delicious Indian cookies at home and celebrate the festival with a personal touch. Nankhatai is easy to make and can be stored for up to a week in an air tight container without refrigeration. They are a good option to make as the other milk based sweets need to be consumed within a day or so. I’m sure you all would also be planning to take sweets with Rakhi to your brother’s place and it would be wonderful to make something yourself. I’m sure your brother would appreciate the lot, and the family can enjoy the festival together. So don’t look any further and make these sweet cookies with this simple to follow Nankhatai recipe. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
Ingredients (makes about 24 to 28 pieces)
- Desi ghee – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Besan – 1/4 cup
- Maida – 2 cups
- Sooji – 1/4 cup
- Green cardamom – 5 to 6 (crushed)
- Almonds – for garnishing (sliced)
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 50 min.
- Powder the sugar in a blender. Keep aside.
- Mix besan, maida, sooji, green cardamom and keep aside.
- Mix powdered sugar with desi ghee and whisk for a min.
- Add the other mixture and mix to combine.
- Divide the mixture into 24 to 28 balls and flatten from top and bottom.
- Put a slice of almond on the flat top surface and refrigerate for 20 min.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Arrange the balls on the baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 min.
- Cool and serve.