The seniors at our home always suggest to give different kinds of nuts to kids. They obviously know some of the benefits which studies have now proved. Nuts are known to contain various vitamins and essential amino acids both of which help us keep healthy. They are known to reduce bad cholesterol and keep away from various diseases. Since nuts are best consumed in raw form, I thought of making use of them in a salad. This Nutty Salad can be serve with any of the main meals and provides balanced nutritional diet. It is also a low calorie food but fills you up for some time so you are less likely to binge on fatty foods. You can make this salad part of your regular diet and keep your family always healthy. It is also very simple and quick to make this salad with this recipe. So get all different kinds of nuts you have and make a healthy salad with this Nutty Salad Recipe.
- Boiled rajma – 1 cup
- Boiled macaroni – 1 cup
- Cucumber – 1/2 cup (peeled and cut in small cubes)
- Almonds – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup (broken)
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup (broken)
- Roasted til – 2 tbsp
- Curd – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
How to make Nutty Salad
Preparation time: 10 min.
Making time: 5 min.
- Hang the curd in a muslin cloth to remove all the water.
- Separate the hung curd and keep aside.
- Mix hung curd, roasted til, salt and black pepper in a bowl to make a dressing.
- Mix boiled rajma and macaroni in a bowl.
- Add the cucumber, nuts and dressing and mix well.
- Chill for about 30 min in a refrigerator.
Related Recipes :