Ajay Devgn has recently accused that Karan Johar has paid KRK (Kamaal Rashid Khan for dummies) INR 25 lakh to praise his latest directorial venture Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. This means that the venerable KRK is back in news yet again. But, the question is who this KRK is. Is he an actor, a producer, or a critic as he claims to be? To his credit, he has acted and produced some low-budget Hindi and Bhojpuri flicks. It can get pretty confusing because he calls himself all the three aforementioned words in his Twitter bio. However, one thing is for sure – he is a big celebrity, at least on Twitter, and that too for the wrong reasons! Here are ten things you should (not!) know about Kamaal Rashid Khan.
1. What is he known to do? KRK can be called the male version of Rakhi Sawant in terms of being in the news constantly in spite of making any significant contribution to the world of culture. KRK is always in news and that too in the controversial ones! Till date he has taken on all comers in Bollywood – both the big fish and the smaller tadpoles. No one has been spared from his eagle eyes, and wrathful and caustic tongue. In a way, he considers himself to be the ‘Tony Stark’ of India – a person who starts his day with kisses to Bolly ladies and then moves on to delving on their various body parts in ways that inevitably ends up earning their ire, and which is absolutely unwanted and demeaning to say at the very least.
2. A classic instance: He can be regarded as a classic example of how Twitter can turn relatively-lesser known people into huge celebrities. It’s a different issue that most of the times it happens because of the wrong reasons. He has been through hell and brimstone from actors, directors, and producers in Bollywood for his irksome comments.
3. KRK as a critic: In his avatar as a critic, he has recently launched a website where he supposedly reviews films. Basically, he sits in front of a camera and blasts the hell out of films that dare incur his divine (or should I say bovine – but perhaps that would be a surly insult to our wonderful, and clueless in this case, cows and bulls) wrath! From what has been seen till date that list is a pretty exhaustive one. However, in spite of the backlash that he receives he is not someone who will back down. It is rare like seeing Rohit Sharma being consistent to see any film being left alone by KRK. The only way to stop him – it seems – is to threaten him with legal action.
4. Taking on the women: Till date, on Twitter at least, he has taken up the cudgels against women reviewers who have perhaps made the criminal mistake of positively reviewing a film that he does not like. Normally, KRK draws analogies between their reviews and marital status. However, once these ladies stand up to him he does away with the ill-meaning posts and retreats.
5. Bolly wars: However, all this pales in comparison to the epic battles he has had with Bollywood celebrities, the most important people in this freaking country! He had a fight with Sonakshi Sinha when attempted to run a “Best Butt Survey” survey on Twitter. However, Sinha hit back in true Shotgun style with this tweet: “Please RT this if u think @kamaalrkhan is a woman disrespecting waste of space and deserves to be hung upside down and given 4 tight slaps.”
6. KRK is known by many to be delusional enough to consider himself to be a star at par with a certain SRK. He already regards himself as the most important star in Bhojpuri cinema, where he has acted in a film named Deshdrohi – this remains his claim to fame – but the truth remains that he is nowhere near the likes of Ravi Kissen and Manoj Tiwari. However, this has not stopped himself from earning the ire of King Khan.
7. Recently, he had put up a fake tweet of SRK where the megastar had supposedly said that he would leave India if NaMo became the PM. This was what the wittiest of them all had to say: “Good time to tell all fools who r talking of a tweet that I didn’t tweet, u suck as much as the grammar of that fake tweet & I’m being kind.” KRK has, however, attempted to cool things down by posting pictures of SRK with his children; thus, perhaps trying to prove a seemingly-nonexistent proximity between both.
9. Sunny Leone and Bipasha Basu, too, have been on the receiving end of his fake Tweets. A few years back, he had this to say regarding the former porn star and now Bollywood bombshell: “Yeh lo…Sunny Leone says, ‘Rape is not a crime; it’s just surprise sex.” Sunny Leone did what no one else dared to do. She went ahead with her lawyer and lodged a complaint at Cyber Crime Investigation Cell of Mumbai Police.
However, what he said to Bipasha Basu shows the absolute depths that he can descend to. This is what he had to say: “Believe me I go crazy when Bipasha move her b**bs on the song Bipasha of Jodi breakers. (sic)”. Bipasha Basu maintained the most absolute level of dignity with her reply: “There is a lot of filth in this world and I don’t think we should give these filthy, lecherous remarks any importance.” It is surprising that he got away with so little for such a disgusting act.
He has also had a fight with Vikram Bhatt when he had tweeted: “Ab aapko pata hai ki Vikram Bhatt sahab ne jis jis ko bhi kaha ki main aap ko superstar bana doonga, voh Amisha Patel ho, Sushmita Sen ho, voh jin ko bhi kehte hain, voh bechari ghar baith jati hai. Toh zahir si baat hai, Meera Chopra ke saath bhi ye hi hona tha. (sic)”
This angered Bhatt to the extent that he made a rather vocal post on Facebook and then also moved court and sent KRK a defamation notice. This time KRK backed off though and issued a public apology on Twitter. “Recognised as a troll only or respected critic n I am 100% agree with his statement. So thanks to @TheVikramBhatt for showing me right way. Anyway thanks Mr. @TheVikramBhatt for giving me very good advise n I am sorry if I hurt you in the past. Cheers and best of luck for future.”
This incident also seemed to have sparked off a change of heart in the man, it seemed, when he apologized to “all other Bollywood ppl also”. This is what he had to say: “I m sorry to all other Bollywood ppl also if I have hurt anyone by my statement or review. Today a new very serious type of critic has born.”
10. Apart from all this, following are some of his exploits:
- Sending kisses to Asin every morning
- Proposing to Sara Khan
- Calling anyone he dislikes ‘2RSPpl’, which is an acronym for ‘do take ke log (two rupees people)’
- Naming his bungalow in Dubai ‘Jannat’, after SRK’s ‘Mannat’
- Fight with Siddharth Malhotra over lewd comments on Alia Bhatt
- Lambasting Sonu Nigam as a below par singer
- Calling Sonakshi Sinha and Vidya Balan aunties
- Slamming Tamasha and Ranbir Kapoor
- Calling Rishi Kapoor a flop actor
- Blocking A-listers on Twitter and then asking for INR 25 lakh to unblock them
- Accusing staff at Twitter of jealousy
- Lengthy spat with Kapil Sharma and then doing a remarkable volte face like a seasoned politician
- Trashing Bombay Velvet
- Calling Anushka Sharma bhabhi on her birthday
- Insulting Barack Obama (we wonder if Obama has even noticed!)
- Trashing Dolly ki Doli and Sonam Kapoor in it
- Calling Malaika Arora Khan an old lady
- Hurting Mahesh Bhatt
- Lambasting Veena Malik by asking MNS and Shiv Sena to attack her and deport her from India
- Making lewd comments against Jacqueline Fernandez and Lisa Haydon.
How has Bollywood reacted?
Some members of the Bolly fraternity have decided to let bygones be bygones and forgiven him. They have even gone ahead and declared peace with him openly. Others have just chosen to ignore him simply. In spite of all this shitstorm, he still continues to be fairly popular on social media. It only remains to be seen if he mends his way or not. However, one thing can be said with a certain degree of assurance. His actions have given Bolly celebs a lot of publicity, even though arguably stars of their stature never need it from a man of KRK’s stature (LOL)! However, as they say that even bad publicity is better than no publicity.
Movies Releasing this Week
Highest Paid Actors in Bollywood
8 Bollywood Celebs Who Left Us Too Early
Famous Celebrities Who End Their Life
7 Celebrity Weddings That Should Happen Soon!
Weird Superstitions of 10 Bollywood Stars
Bollywood Celebrities at Cannes 2015
10 Bollywood Biopics that Became a Hit
Bollywood 2015: Exciting Releases in the Pipeline!
Bollywood 2014: The Year at a Glance
Bollywood support for Social Causes
Ten Most Popular Shooting Locations of Bollywood
Tollywood to Bollywood – Hindi Remakes of South Indian Movies
Developments in Salman Khan’s Hit-and-run Case