Ministers of Delhi Government
- Dr. AK Walia, Finance Minister
- Mr Haroon Yusuf, Transport Minister
- Mangat Ram Singhal, Minister of Industries
- Raj Kumar Chauhan, Development Minister
- Arvinder Singh Lovely, Education Minister
- Dr. Yoganand Shastri, Health Minister
Delhi Government Departments
Delhi Government comprises of different departments. These departments cater to the needs of all Delhites. Some of these departments are:
- Economics and Statistics Department
- Art, Culture and Language Department, Delhi
- Directorate of Education, Delhi
- Chit Fund Department, Delhi
- Environment Department, Delhi
- Development Department, Delhi
- Excise, Entertainment and Luxury Tax Department, Delhi
- Directorate of Prevention of Food Adulteration, Delhi
- Directorate of Higher Education, Delhi
- Public Works Department, Delhi
- Land and Building Department, Delhi
- Industries Department, Delhi
Political Parties of Delhi
Delhi Political Parties play an important role in the governmental system of the country. All major political parties have their head office located in Delhi, which is the capital city of India. In India, multi party system is followed.
Some of the political parties of Delhi are Indian National Congress, Bharatiya Janata Party, Bahujan Samaj Party, Shiromoni Akali Dal, Rastriya Janata Dal, Communist party of India and Nationalist Congress Party. Besides, national parties, regional parties also maintain their office in Delhi as these small parties plays an important role in today's coalition politics.
Indian National Congress in Delhi
Indian National Congress in Delhi is one of the oldest parties in India. The headquarter of Indian National Congress is located at 24, Akbar Road, New Delhi-110011. This party played a key role in the Indian Independence and in building modern India.
Bahujan Samaj Party in Delhi
Bahujan Samaj Party in Delhi was formed mainly to represent the Dalits or the untouchables of the Indian society and its political ideology is Dalit Socialism. The Bahujan Samaj party's symbol is elephant. In the last general election this party bagged 19 seats in the Lok Sabha and 6 seats in Rajya Sabha.
Municipal Corporation of Delhi
Municipal Corporation of Delhi was formed through an Act of Parliament in the year 1958. The total area of function of Municipal Corporation of Delhi is categorized under 12 different sections. The functional zones of Municipal Corporation of Delhi are as follows:
- Karol Bagh
- Civil liners
- Sadar Paharganj
- Shahdara South
- Shahdara North
Delhi Chief Minister
Delhi Chief Minister, Smt. Sheila Dikshit, presents herself in the Assembly as a representative of the Gole Market constituency. Born in the year 1938, Smt. Sheila Dikshit became the Chief Minister of the government of NCT of Delhi for the second time in the year 2003. From the 1970s itself, Delhi Chief Minister was actively involved in the welfare of the Indian women. Being the chairperson of young Women's Association Sheila Dikshit provided major help in establishing two hostels for the working women of Delhi.
From 1984 to 1989 Delhi Chief Minister, Smt. Sheila Dikshit represented the Kannauj Parliamentary Constituency and from 1986 to 1989 she was a minister of the Union Government. Serving as the President Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee the present day Delhi Chief Minister won the 1998 Assembly elections.
Last Updated on : 21 June 2011