How many different dishes have you prepared with raw mangoes? I’m sure many, like aam panna, kaache aam ka raita, aam ka achaar, kacche aam ki chutney and others. However have you ever prepared rice with raw mangoes? This is a recipe from my South Indian friends and goes well in any of the meals, be it breakfast or dinner. Raw Mango Rice can be served with some raita or any curry and brings out a nice tangy taste. Both the kids and adults loved the rice preparation and the bowl full just disappeared. I’m sure your family would love it too, so once again make the most of the mango season with some raw mangoes this time. Here is Raw Mango Rice Recipe for you.
- Rice – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Zeera – 1 tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Raw mangoes – 1 cup (grated)
How to make Raw Mango Rice
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Boil the rice till done. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, zeera, chana dal and urad dal and fry till slightly brown.
- Add peanuts, curry leaves and fry for a min.
- Add grated raw mangoes and cook for a min.
- Add cooked rice, turmeric powder, salt and mix well and cook for 2-3 min with constant mixing.
- Serve hot with raita.
- You can also use left over rice to make this recipe and it will bring out a fresh taste once again.
- If you want it spicy, add some green chilies to the preparation.