The area around Ratnagiri is bordered by the Sahyadri Hills on the West. The enormous showers resulted into massively eroded landscapes in the coastal region. The valleys are very fertile and produce rice, coconut, fruit and cashew nuts.
- Parshuram Temple near Chiplun
- Ganapatipule and Pavas
- Caves in the Chiplun, Khed, Dabhol, Sangameshwar, Gauhani Velgaum and Vade Padel
- The Buddhist legend in the Papanch, Sudan and Srath Appakasini record the conversion of Konkan to Buddhism.
Chiplun is a place on the Mumbai to Goa highway (NH-17). It is a town contributing chiefly to the top pharmaceutical and chemical industries. The word Chiplun means 'The abode of Lord Parshuram'. The region is mountainous and the place lies in a valley. The region shows extreme climate. The city takes pride of the Padma Theater.
You may go to Ratnagiri by:
- Air: Ratnagiri airport is the nearest airport.
- Rail: Ratnagiri has a rail network.
- Road: The place is connected by road transport with important towns such as Mumbai , Pune , Kolhapur, etc.
Last Updated on : 23 May 2013