NTPC, Kota




An idyllic amalgam marking the grandeur of the majestic forts and palaces of Rajashthan as well as flourishing urban industrial conglomerates describes the stunning Kota city that sprawls on the banks of the Chambal River. Amongst the major industrial powerhouses of Kota, National Thermal Power Corporation,or NTPC, Kota is the largest repository of thermal power in the Indian subcontinent.

NTPC Limited is a public sector organization that came into being in the year 1975 with the purpose of boosting the development of power in the country. An exclusive undertaking of the Government of India, statistics reveal that the Government of India currently holds 89.5% of the stakes while the remaining 10.5% lies at the hands of the Foreign Institutional Investors (FII), National Banks as well as the general public. In fact, within a span of 31 years , NTPC, Kota has established itself as the

NTPC primarily deals with the development, engineering, establishment as well as operation of power plants that supply energy to all parts of the country. Besides it also provides consultancy to Indian as well as international organizations interested in establishing their own power plants. Currently NTPC has 27,904 Mega Watts of capacity that is generated through 15 coal based, 7 gas based as well as 7 joint venture projects.

NTPC also has 50%shareholding in the SAIL Power Supply Corporation Ltd. (SPSCL) and 28.33% in the in Ratnagiri Gas and Power Private Limited (RGPPL). An avant garde that has achieved path breaking progress for the country, NTPC is credited to be one of the 'Navratnas' or jewels of the public sector that is one of the first ever Public Sector Enterprises to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Government during 1987-88. Soon after this, the global conglomerate has consistently been rated as excellent.



Last Updated on 07 December 2011



     


     

Which States Share Boundary with China?India, in total, shares land borders with 6 sovereign countries. China is one of those. Below are the Indian states which share borders with the country. 1. Jammu and Kashmir This northern state of India is mostly located in the Himalayan mountains. It shares a… Read More...
Which States Share Boundaries with Pakistan? There are four states that share a border with Pakistan, namely, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Gujarat. The India Pakistan Border is quite intriguing. Since India has installed 1,50,000 flood lights on… Read More...
Which Places in India Still Largely Speak Sanskrit?Sanskrit is considered as Dev Bhasha, the language of Gods. It has a history of around 3500 years. It used to be a primary language of ancient India. Its earliest form Vedic Sanskrit, was prevalent from 1500 500 BCE. However, it is fading… Read More...


EU GDPR Update:
MapsofIndia has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofIndia Privacy Policy and Terms.
We follow editorialcalls.org for border and boundary demarcations