Almonds are extremely nutritious and should be included in daily diet. We can eat them raw or include them in various things we make at home. The recipe I’ve today comes from the city of Hyderabad and uses almonds in the preparation. Badam Ka Harira is very nutritious drink and generally served to new mothers. Usually it is served hot and tastes absolutely delicious. You can serve it after meals or any time during the day to your kids and family to give them a perfect nutrition. This drink gives you instant energy and is made mostly in Ramazaan although you can find it in street shops through the year. You can make this great drink when you like at home fairly easily using this Badam Ka Harira Recipe. Make and enjoy it for your special days or just casually.
- Desi ghee – 1 tsp
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 lt
- Almond powder – 4 tbsp
- Saffron – few strands
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Dry fruits for garnishing (you can use chironjee, pistachios and almonds)
- Rose petals for garnishing
How to make Badam Ka Harira
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 25 min.
- Heat desi ghee in a pan, add maida and fry for 2 min.
- Add milk and bring it to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, add almond powder and saffron and cook for 15 to 20 min.
- Add sugar and cook for another 2 min.
- Garnish with dry fruit slivers and rose petals.
- Pour in serving glasses.
- Serve hot.
You can make a variation using any other dry fruit powder other than almonds.
Related Recipes :