Its the holy month of Ramazan in India and Eid is just round the corner. This month long Muslim festival is celebrated by day long fasts. Evening Iftar parties are being celebrated all over the country without any boundaries of caste or religion. In most of the metro cities, Iftar walks have become very common, where you get together with friends and go out to numerous tents and stalls selling mouth watering food. I too was a part of one such walk over the weekend and came home with my tummy more than full. The different varieties of food just amazed me. Here I tried to emulate one such amazing delectable chicken dish called Makhmali Chicken Kebab. These kebabs are made with boneless chicken marinated with cream and yogurt and flavoured with mild spices and cooked in a tandoor or as I did it in a grill pan. Just try this out today and enjoy an evening party snack with your friends and family.
- Boneless chicken breast – 2
- Dahi (curd) – 2 tbsp (hang it in a cotton cloth for about an hour to make it thick)
- Fresh Cream – 2 tbsp
- Squeezed Lemon – 1
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil for brushing
- Onions for garnishing
How to make Makhmali Chicken Kebab
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces.
- Mix with all ingredients to marinade.
- Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Heat the grill pan.
- Put chicken pieces into the pan and brush with little oil on all sides.
- Cook till the chicken is light brownish from all sides. You can check if the chicken is properly cooked by dipping a small knife into the pieces.
- Serve hot with onions and coriander chutney.
Related Recipes :