Pulao is best suited for any occasion, and specially for festivals or celebrations. It is a rice preparation made with many different additions, here I show you how to make Chicken Kabuli Pulao, a perfect dish for the Ramazan month. The pulao comes out nicely and goes well with vegetable raita. You can also look to decorate your pulao with some almonds or pistachios for a special look & feel as I’ve seen some people do it for kabuli pulao, however it is not mandatory and I chose not to do it. The taste however comes out delicious anyway and everybody would just love it. The other ingredients are fairly simple and I’m sure you would love making and serving it. Here is Chicken Kabuli Pulao Recipe for your celebrations.
- Rice – 2 cup
- Chicken – 500 gms (curry cut)
- Onion – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Almonds – for garnishing (optional)
- Shredded carrots – for garnishing (optional)
How to make Chicken Kabuli Pulao
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 40 min.
- Wash and soak the rice for 15 min.
- Heat oil in pan and fry onions till brown.
- Add chicken and fry for about 5 to 7 min.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and raisins.
- Strain the rice and add it to the preparation with 4 cup of water.
- Cover & cook till rice is done.
- Optionally garnish with shredded carrots and almonds.
Do not add more water as the rice get mushy.
Related Recipes :