Badam milk is a delicious Indian drink made by blending almonds with milk and is gently flavored with cardamom and saffron. This drink is not only a delight to taste but is also packed with nutrients. Almonds are very good for health and brain development. Saffron also has a lot of beneficial effects on the body. So drink a glass full of badam milk in the morning and keep yourself and your family healthy. During the summers, you can drink it chilled and when are winters are around, you can sip on hot badam milk. So, here is an easy recipe to make your own at home.
- Almonds – 20-25 no.
- Milk – 1/2 litre
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron strands – 6-10 no.
How to make Badam Milk
- Soak the almonds in water for an hour.
- Soak the saffron strands in a tbsp of milk for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the skin of the almonds.
- Mix the almonds in a blender with 2-3 tbsp milk to form a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the milk starts to boil, simmer the heat and add the almond paste in the boiling milk.
- Add the soaked saffron strands.
- Let it cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat.
- You can either serve it hot or keep it in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
- You can also add a few pistachios for a change of flavor.
- Make the almond paste as smooth as possible, otherwise the pieces will come in the mouth and will not give the desired texture.
- Adjust the sugar according to your taste.
- You can also use artificial sweetener in place of sugar.