Chili cheese toast is a very easy and quick-to-make snack. I love the way colors pops out, making it even tastier. Just spread your ingredients on a slice of bread and slide the bread in the oven and you are done. This recipe is also good when you have guests at home. Just keep the topping ready in the fridge and it will be matter of minutes for a delicious snack to serve. Eat these for your morning breakfast or enjoy with a cup of tea in the evening. So here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for Chili Cheese Toast
- Bread slices – 4 no.
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Capsicum – 1/2 (very finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/2 (chopped into small pieces)
- Onion – 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Black pepper
How to make Chili Cheese Toast
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- Smear butter on all the bread slices.
- Spread cheese evenly on top of butter.
- Sprinkle capsicum, tomato and onion on top.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Arrange the slices in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or till the slices are slightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and cut into half using a pizza cutter or a knife.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
- Make the toast only when ready to eat, otherwise they will get soggy.
- If you don’t have an oven, make these on top of a tava and cover with a lid, so that toppings also gets cooked.
- Keep an eye on the oven while these are baking to avoid over-cooking.