Sabudana Kheer Recipe
India has a good population of people following weekly fasting cycles or longer fasting cycles like navratri as per their religious leaning. Only certain foods are allowed to be eaten on such days and sabudana is one of them. Kheer is a well known and preferred Indian dessert. So when you want to have something gourmet on such days sabudana kheer flavored with cardamom and saffron makes a great dessert to have. The kheer is so tasty that you don’t really need a fasting reason or day for it, you can have it on any day at any time of your choice.
You could either use the large or small sized sabudana for the kheer, however the larger ones turns better. I also suggest using full cream milk to make a good kheer. You can also use your favorite dry fruits for garnishing. Sabudana kheer is very easy to make. Follow this recipe on your fast or non-fast days to make a nice well-deserved dessert.
Ingredients needed for making Sabudana Kheer
- Sabudana – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 litre
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Few strands of saffron
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Dry fruits for garnishing
How to make Sabudana Kheer
- Soak sabudana in half cup water for 5-6 hours.
- Boil milk in a heavy-bottom pan.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add soaked sabudana.
- Add cardamom powder and strands of saffron.
- Keep stirring the mixture so it does not stick to the bottom.
- After about half an hour, add sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with cut dry fruits and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled.